These became my go-to for very quickly. Not only are they super easy to make, they are made with holistic and balanced ingredients and last in the freezer for a long time. Boys, girls, parents, adults, children and everyone else will be sure to love these.
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried prunes, soaked
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- Combine the pecans, walnuts and almonds in a food processor and blend until they have slightly broken down (to chopped, slivered style). Remove them from the food processor, place in a bowl.
- Puree the dates and prunes in a food processor until a thick paste forms
- Add the cacao powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla extract and almond extract
- Pulse a few times until all of the ingredients blend together (you may have to use a spoon or spatula to mix it around a bit, depending on how powerful/efficient your processor is)
- Add the almonds, pecans and walnuts and pulse until the dry ingredients mix with the date paste
- Take a large sheet of wax paper or parchment paper and spread it out onto your countertop
- Place your energy bar mixture onto the paper and pat it down so that you have a thick rectangle (depending on how thick you want your bars to be, mine were about 1 inch thick)
- Place the bars in the fridge overnight, cut into squares- and enjoy!
- Keep them in the fridge until you are going to use them.
The inspiration for this recipe is from Dramatic Pancake’s No Bake Energy Bars