In relation to my most recent post- I recommend that if you aren’t feeling top-notch (like myself) then you should keep this recipe till you are feeling better and your body is back in spirits! This is my recommendation as a nutritionist, who is wary of your health and wants to support your body as much as possible to get back to it’s state of balance! However, with that said- these are definitely still full of nutritional benefits and really are SO delicious that they may even cure any sickness (physical, emotional or spiritual). These are a great treat to make for a potluck, bring to surprise friends with or keep in your freezer for a lovely pick-me-up on those days when you’re feeling slightly blue.
These truffles are compliments to a wonderful class-mate of mine, Semhar, who retrieved the recipe from Joy McCarthy!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juiced & zested
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup shredded/desiccated coconut
- Peel and remove the seed of the avocado, place the meat into blender or food processor.
- Zest the full lime, then cut in half and squeeze the juice (I used a reel to juice it) of the lime on top of the avocado
- mix the coconut oil to liquify it (or you can melt the coconut oil over low-medium heat), then add to the food processor
- Add the honey and blend until the mixture is completely smooth
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and place in freezer for 2 hours or until solid enough to form into balls ** another option is to have molds that you can pour the mixture into so if you have an ice cube tray, little cups or cookie cutters!
- Place the shredded coconut into a bowl.
- Spoon out the avocado mixture and form into balls (try to do this as quickly as possible as coconut oil does transform into a liquid with heat and movement)
- Note: The balls wont be perfectly round but once you roll it in the coconut they will form better!
- Place the balls in the freezer for a few hours (~3). Do not let them sit out at room temperature!
- Serve them cold!